News and Upcoming Events
· Sunday April 1: Easter Sunday. We invite you to bring family, friends, and flowers for our Flower Cross. Trumpet will accompany our festive music. This will also be First Food Sunday! (Bring donations for A.C.T. food shelf in Brea; we will collect them in worship.) Refreshments and Easter Egg Hunt (for people 12 and younger) after worship.
· Sunday April 8, after church: Heritage Sunday. Potluck, exploring a timeline of our church’s 105-year history, and conversation about what we treasure and what we want to bring into our future. This event is hosted by our Transition Team.
· Thursday April 12, 11:45am: Lunch Bunch at Coco’s. If you are free during the day for fellowship, food and fun, join us! RSVP to Bill Goetsch or Pastor Terry so we save a place for you.
· Sunday April 15, 11:15 in Manzanita Room: “Exploring Membership.” If you are considering joining our church, please attend. If you cannot attend, please contact Pastor Terry and we will get the info to you another way.
· Sunday April 29, after church: What We Value. Potluck (yes, they’re off sequence from First Sundays for now) with activities and table discussions to clarify what we value at BCUCC and in pastoral leadership, led by the Transition Team.
· Monday April 30, 7:30: Candlelight Taizé Service of song, prayer and silence in the Hall. Led by Karen Hill.
· If you have photos that show off our church, hall, or grounds, please talk to Dick Tibbs about sharing them for our website. firstname.lastname@example.org
· Puerto Rico Ministries Join us on Thursday, April 5th for a unique opportunity to hear the news of the Puerto Rican disaster and recovery by Rev. Daphne M. Salcedo, a Disciples of Christ pastor from the island. The Global Ministries Committee UCC/DOC and Church of the Foothills (UCC/DOC) will host the evening event on Thursday, April 5th at 7:00pm at 19211 Dodge Avenue, Santa Ana, CA 92705.
· Sunday April 22, 6pm: Candidate Forum hosted by Citizen’s Climate Lobby in our Hall. The 39th congressional district is hotly contested. Hear candidates address the important issue of climate change. All candidates are invited. Tell your neighbors! Help for hosting appreciated: talk to Dennis Arp. You are probably in the 39th, which includes: Fullerton, La Habra, La Habra Heights, Brea, Buena Park, Anaheim Hills, Placentia, Yorba Linda, Diamond Bar, Chino Hills, Hacienda Heights and Rowland Heights
· The musical Godspell by Craig Tyrl’s company The Wayward Artist is playing in Santa Ana April 13-29. Tickets are at: http://www.thewaywardartist.org/buy-tickets-4567.
· OC AIDS Walk is Saturday May 5 at 8:30 am in Mason Park, Irvine. Please let Pastor Terry know if you are interested in participating or coordinating.
· The BCUCC Theological Book Club will be reading Living Buddha, Living Christ by Thich Nhat Hanh. Thich Nhat Hanh has been part of a decades-long dialogue between two great contemplative traditions, and brings to Christianity an appreciation of its beauty. In lucid, meditative prose, he explores the crossroads of compassion and holiness at which the two traditions meet. We’ll meet Wednesday, April 11th to discuss the first 110 pages and then again the next week, April 18th to discuss the rest of the book. We meet at 7:00p.m. at the Hill household. Please call or email for directions at 714-693-0261 or email@example.com. Come join the discussion. Light refreshments are provided.
· Bible Study is Thursdays 9:15-10:15 in the church office. Topic is 1-2 Samuel. All are welcome, to discover the intersection of sacred story and modern life with an open mind.
· Tai Chi is most Thursdays at 6:30pm in the sanctuary. Enjoy this gentle meditative movement led by Karen Hill. Thursdays in April except the 25th.
· Choir practice on Thursdays at 7:30pm in the music room. We love newcomers! Give us a try.