http://breaucc.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/brea-main-logo.png 0 0 Brea Congregational UCC http://breaucc.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/brea-main-logo.png Brea Congregational UCC2018-04-13 15:28:012018-04-13 15:28:01BCUCC News for Sunday, April 15, 2018
News and Upcoming Events
- Sun, April 15: Scripture: Luke 24:13-32, theme: “PREPARE TO BE SURPRISED.”
- Sun, April 15 in Manzanita Room: “Exploring Membership.” If you are considering joining our church, please attend. If you cannot attend, please contact Pastor Terry and we will get the info to you another way.
- Tues, April 17, 7pm: Church Council meets in Joshua Tree room.
- Thurs, April 19: no bible study this week.
- Sun, April 22: Worship Theme: “The Good Shepherd”; Laura MacKinnon preaching.
- Sun, April 29, after church: What We Value. Potluck (yes, they’re off sequence from First Sundays for now) with activities and table discussions to clarify what we value at BCUCC and in pastoral leadership, led by the Transition Team.
- Mon, April 30, 7:30: Candlelight Taizé Service of song, prayer and silence in the Hall. Led by Karen Hill.
- Sun, April 22, 6pm: Candidate Forum hosted by Citizen’s Climate Lobby in our Hall. The 39th congressional district is hotly contested. Hear candidates address the important issue of climate change. All candidates are invited. Tell your neighbors! Help for hosting appreciated: talk to Dennis Arp. You are probably in the 39th, which includes: Fullerton, La Habra, La Habra Heights, Brea, Buena Park, Anaheim Hills, Placentia, Yorba Linda, Diamond Bar, Chino Hills, Hacienda Heights and Rowland Heights
- The musical Godspell by Craig Tyrl’s company, The Wayward Artist, is playing in Santa Ana April 13-29. Tickets are at: http://www.thewaywardartist.org/buy-tickets-4567.
- The BCUCC Theological Book Club will be reading “Living Buddha, Living Christ”, by Thich Nhat Hanh. Thich Nhat Hanh has been part of a decades-long dialogue between two great contemplative traditions, and brings to Christianity an appreciation of its beauty. In lucid, meditative prose, he explores the crossroads of compassion and holiness at which the two traditions meet. We’ll meet Wednesday, April 11th to discuss the first 110 pages and then again the next week, April 18th to discuss the rest of the book. We meet at 7:00p.m. at the Hill household. Please call or email for directions at 714-693-0261 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Come join the discussion. Light refreshments are provided.
- Bible Study is Thursdays 9:15-10:15am in the church office. Topic is 1-2 Samuel. All are welcome, to discover the intersection of sacred story and modern life with an open mind.
- Tai Chi is most Thursdays at 6:30pm in the sanctuary. Enjoy this gentle meditative movement led by Karen Hill. Thursdays in April except the 26th.
- Choir practice on Thursdays at 7:30pm in the music room. We love newcomers! Give us a try.
Save the Dates
- UCC Annual Gathering June 1-2 at Chapman University Learn, worship and have fun with people from UCC churches throughout Southern California and Nevada.
- May 19-June 30: Interfaith Shelter Project is hosted in our Church Hall. Stay tuned for signups to help cook.