http://breaucc.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/brea-main-logo.png 0 0 Georlyn Igma http://breaucc.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/brea-main-logo.png Georlyn Igma2018-01-31 10:36:412018-01-31 10:36:41January 29 - February 18
- January 31: Book Study, 7pm (see below in “Ongoing”)
- Feb. 1, Thurs. Bible Study – We are studying 1st & 2nd Samuel at 9:15am in the church office. All are welcome; no homework or previous knowledge required.
- Feb. 4, Sun – 10am Worship Theme: Healing Relationships. Scripture: Mark 1: 29-45. First Food Sunday (bring nonperishable food for the local Food Shelf) and Potluck after church.
- Feb. 14, Ash Wednesday Service at 7:30 pm.
- Feb 15, Thurs – 6:45pm BCUCC Tai Chi Practice
No experience needed; benefits all ages. No special clothing or shoes necessary. Tai Chi is a practice of slow, gentle balance movements that promote good health and peace of mind. We’ll begin February 15th and meet every other Thursday at 6:45 p.m. in the sanctuary. Come join us for this peaceful, centering practice.
- Feb. 18, Sun – Following Jesus in the 21st Century: A Learning Conversation. 11:20-12:05.
- Save the date: The Whitehead Film Festival at Claremont School of Theology will be held February 16-19. Watch the film trailers, read more about the festival and purchase your tickets at commongoodfilms.org.
- The BCUCC Theological Book Club will be reading, Jesus, Uncovering the Life, Teachings, and Relevance of a Religious Revolutionary by Marcus Borg. “Borg pours a lifetime of scholarship into this provocative overview of Jesus’ life.” Come join our discussion. Next meeting is on Wed, 7:00p.m. January 31st for Chapters 8-10 and Epilogue. Email or phone the Hills at email@example.com or 714-693-0261 for directions.
- Choir practice on Thursdays at 7:30pm in the music room. We love newcomers! Give us a try.