News and Upcoming Events
· Saturday June 22: OC Pride Parade and celebration. A number of UCC churches will be marching together. Join the Parade and celebrate inclusive welcome with us! Do you have an idea for a unifying theme for our group in the parade? Let’s make it happen!
· Sunday June 23: Worship at 10am. Theme: “Humble and Grateful”. Scripture: 1 Corinthians 1:18-31.
· Have you pledged to support our church? Your support makes church happen. Large commitments, and small, help us plan a faithful and responsible budget, so we can fulfill our mission. Your presence and participation matters. Please submit a pledge note if you plan to give regularly.
· Electronic Giving makes your giving and church accounting easy. You can sign up for the tested and trustworthy UCC electronic giving service to transfer money from your credit card, debit card, checking or savings account, weekly, monthly or one time. It only takes a couple minutes to set up. Go to breaucc.org, and click the “donate” link in the upper right corner.
· Sunday June 30: At a short congregational meeting, we will vote to approve the budget for June 2019 to July 2020.
Save the dates:
· Tuesday June 9: Lunch Bunch meets at Coco’s, 11:45am, just for fun
· Sharing Musical (and artistic) Gifts in Worship: Would you like to share a meaningful song, or instrumental music, or poem, or photos, or dance, or…? Our suggested theme is: “Our Rainbow of Creativity”. Starting June 23 through the summer, the choir is on break and your gifts for worship will be most appreciated. Jessica can support musical endeavors.
· Bible Study is on Thursdays at 2-3pm. Join us in the pastor’s office; you are always welcome. Ring the bell at the gate on Flower Street. We are studying the Book of Jeremiah. Lively discussion about what scripture means to us today. No homework! *During the summer, we may cancel Bible Study on weeks when regulars are traveling. Call, email or text Pastor Terry if you’re not sure.
· The BCUCC Theological Book Club will be reading Finally Comes the Poet—Daring Speech for Proclamation by Walter Brueggemann. Brueggemann tells us that the Christian gospel can be too often preached with excessive certitude which can reduce it to coercive, debilitating pietism that can mask the text’s meaning. He proposes an alternative voice that is artistic, poetic, and dramatic. Come join the discussion. We’ll meet on June 26th to discuss Chapters 3 & 4. We’ll meet at the Hill household. Please call or email at 714-693-0261 or firstname.lastname@example.org for directions.