https://breaucc.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/brea-main-logo.png 0 0 Brea Congregational UCC https://breaucc.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/brea-main-logo.png Brea Congregational UCC2018-04-06 14:01:582018-04-06 14:01:58BCUCC News for Sunday, April 8, 2018
BCUCC News for Sunday, April 8, 2018
News and Upcoming Events
- Sunday April 8, after church: Heritage Sunday and Potluck, exploring a timeline of our church’s 105-year history, and conversation about what we treasure and what we want to bring into our future. This event is hosted by our Transition Team.
- Thursday April 12, 11:45am: Lunch Bunch at Coco’s. If you are free during the day for fellowship, food and fun, join us! RSVP to Bill Goetch or Pastor Terry so we save a place for you.
- Sunday April 15, 11:15 in Manzanita Room: “Exploring Membership.” If you are considering joining our church, please attend. If you cannot attend, please contact Pastor Terry and we will get the info to you another way.
- Sunday April 29, after church: What We Value. Potluck (yes, they’re off sequence from First Sundays for now) with activities and table discussions to clarify what we value at BCUCC and in pastoral leadership, led by the Transition Team.
- Monday April 30, 7:30: Candlelight Taizé Service of song, prayer and silence in the Hall. Led by Karen Hill.
- If you have photos that show off our church, hall or grounds, please talk to Dick Tibbs about sharing them for our website. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday April 22, 6pm: Candidate Forum hosted by Citizen’s Climate Lobby in our Hall. The 39th congressional district is hotly contested. Hear candidates address the important issue of climate change. All candidates are invited. Tell your neighbors! Help for hosting appreciated: talk to Dennis Arp. You are probably in the 39th, which includes: Fullerton, La Habra, La Habra Heights, Brea, Buena Park, Anaheim Hills, Placentia, Yorba Linda, Diamond Bar, Chino Hills, Hacienda Heights and Rowland Heights
- The musical Godspell by Craig Tyrl’s company, The Wayward Artist, is playing in Santa Ana April 13-29. Tickets are at: http://www.thewaywardartist.org/buy-tickets-4567.
- OC AIDS Walk is Saturday, May 5 at 8:30 am in Mason Park, Irvine. Please let Pastor Terry know if you are interested in participating or coordinating.
- The BCUCC Theological Book Club: Thich Nhat Hanh. Thich Nhat Hanh has been part of a decades-long dialogue between two great contemplative traditions, and brings to Christianity an appreciation of its beauty. In lucid, meditative prose, he explores the crossroads of compassion and holiness at which the two traditions meet. We’ll meet Wednesday, April 11th to discuss the first 110 pages and then again the next week, April 18th to discuss the rest of the book. We meet at 7:00p.m. at the Hill household. Please call or email for directions at 714-693-0261 or email@example.com. Come join the discussion. Light refreshments are provided.
- Bible Study is Thursdays 9:15-10:15am in the church office. Topic is 1-2 Samuel. All are welcome, to discover the intersection of sacred story and modern life with an open mind.
- Tai Chi is most Thursdays at 6:30pm in the sanctuary. Enjoy this gentle meditative movement led by Karen Hill. Thursdays in April except the 25th.
- Choir practice on Thursdays at 7:30pm in the music room. We love newcomers! Give us a try.